Who said this council is short of money?
Posted by Lewis on the 31st October 2014
Below taken from appointments committee I believe they all had a £11000 pound pay rise Jobs for the boys some would say they were well overpaid before the £11000 rise.
And didn’t he do well Christian Hanagan not just because his mother is in the RCTC cabinet.
Nothing changes even with a new leader
RHONDDA CYNON TAF COUNTY BOROUGH COUNCIL APPOINTMENTS COMMITTEE
Minutes of the meeting held at the County Borough Council Offices, The Pavilions, Clydach Vale on Tuesday, 22 July 2014 at 11.30 a.m.
PRESENT County Borough Councillor (Mrs) T.Bates - in the Chair County Borough Councillors G.R.Davies (substitute), S.Lloyd, A.Morgan and M.Webber
Officers in Attendance
Mr.S.Merritt – Chief Executive
Mr.T.Wilkins – Director, Human Resources
1 APOLOGY FOR ABSENCE
An apology for absence was received from County Borough Councillor M.O.Weaver.
2 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of personal interests in matters pertaining to the agenda.
3 MINUTES RESOLVED to approve as a correct record the minutes of the meeting of the Appointments Committee held on 20 May 2014.
4 EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
RESOLVED that the press and public be excluded from the meeting under Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972 (as amended) for the next item of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in paragraph 12 of Part 4 of Schedule 12A of the Act namely, information relating to a particular individual. Transparency in the conduct of Local Authority business is desirable, however, personal data relating to the conduct and capabilities of individuals will be discussed and considered, consequently, it is considered that the public interest in maintaining the exemptions outweighs the public interest in disclosing information.
5 REVIEW OF CHIEF OFFICER POSITIONS
In the joint report of the Chief Executive and the Director, Human Resources, Members were informed of the outcome of a review of a number of Chief Officer posts across the Council’s Directorates. As a result of this review, a number of proposals to make changes to the Senior Management Structure within the Authority were put before the Committee for consideration together with details of the resultant savings to the Council.
The Director, Human Resources outlined the proposed changes which, if approved, would require formal approval by the Council along with changes to the Council’s Constitution.
The Director, Human Resources pointed out that as part of the Council’s Medium Term Financial and Service Planning, the Council would continue to undertake reviews of its Senior Management arrangements to identify further potential savings and reductions in numbers where appropriate.
Following consideration of the report, it was RESOLVED –
(1) To recommend to Council that that Mr. Christopher Lee undertake the role of deputy to the Chief Executive, assuming responsibility during any period of absence of the Chief Executive, effective immediately.
(2) To formally delete the post of Service Director – Health & Social Care (Service Director – Level 1), with a resultant saving to the Council of £95,677 per annum (inclusive of on-costs).
(3) To formally delete the post of Head of Performance Improvement (Head of Service Level 1), with a resultant saving to the Council of £73,598 per annum (inclusive of on-costs).
(4) To recommend to Council that Mr. Robert Gatis and Mr. Neil Elliott Service Director salaries by changed from Service Director – Level 2 to Service Director – Level 1 in light of the additional service areas that have been allocated to their respective portfolios within the Council, effective from 1st August 2014.
(5) To recommend to Council that Mr. Paul Mee’s Service Director salary by changed from Service Director – Level 2 to Service
Director – Level 1 in light of the changes to his portfolio within the Council, effective from 1st August 2014.
(6) To recommend to Council that Mr. Christian Hanagan’s job title be formally changed to that of Service Director – Cabinet & Public Relations and the associated grade for this role be amended to Service Director – Level 2, in light of the additional service areas
These minutes are subject to approval as an accurate record at the next meeting of the Appointments Committee 2 allocated to his portfolio within the Council, effective from 1st August 2014.
(7) Note the overall savings of £136,157 (inclusive of on-costs) achieved through this review of the Council’s Chief Officer Structure.;
(8) To authorise the Director of Legal and Democratic Services to make all appropriate amendments and all or any consequential changes to the Council’s Constitution to reflect the above recommendations as approved.
Note: County Borough Councillor G.R.Davies wished to have recorded that he voted against the proposals put forward in the joint report because he believed it was insensitive to increase Officers’ salaries when staff within the Authority were losing their jobs and that the savings were not actually savings achieved this financial year.
Note: County Borough Councillors S.Lloyd and M.Webber wished to have recorded that they voted in favour of the proposals outlined in the joint report because they considered that Officers should be paid appropriately for additional responsibilities and the resultant financial savings to the Authority arising from the review were significant and valid.
The meeting terminated at 12.05 p.m.