Visiting restrictions relaxed across Cwm Taf Morgannwg
We are delighted to be able to further relax visiting restrictions from Thursday June 2, 2022.Even though we have been able to make changes throughout 2022, we have always understood how hard it has been having visiting restrictions in place for our patients, and for you, as their family and loved ones. We want to thank you again for your patience and understanding which has helped us get to where we are today. Please know that the extremely difficult decisions we made around visiting were always made with safety as a priority; that of our patients, our communities and our staff.Our new guidance is as follows:
- Visiting will be between the hours of 2:00pm – 5:00pm and then again between 6:00pm and 7:00pm (including weekends and bank holidays).
- Each patient can have a maximum of two visitors per day for up to one hour in duration.
- You will still need to book a visiting slot directly with the relevant ward.
- There are different rules for maternity services (more below).
- Essential carers are not classified as a visitor and should not be included in the daily visiting allocation.
- If you are visiting a patient who is a known to have, or suspected of having COVID-19
- If you are visiting a patient with a respiratory infection
- If you are visiting a patient who is at high risk of infection or remains at a higher risk of acquiring COVID-19 (immunosuppressed patients