Fernhill before development with the Phurnicite in the background
Posted by Lewis on the 24th January 2009
In the foreground is Abercwmboi Isaf Farm in 1570 the farm formed part of the possessions of the Earl of Pembroke. By 1691it had become one of the farms of the Duffryn Aberdare Estate purchased by William Bruce in 1750. The farm also known as Troedrhiw-fer, the large white farmhouse was a focal point of the Duffryn Estate.