Young People’s Question Time Videos
Last October Young Wales facilitated a young people’s question time session in the Wales Millennium Centre, and now two videos of the events have been produced.
Young people put questions about issues that matter to them to a varied panel.
- Kirsty Williams AM, Cabinet Secretary for Education.
- David Williams, Chair of the Board of Trustees for Children in Wales and CAMHS advisor to the Welsh Government Chief Medical Officer.
- Professor Dame Sue Bailey OBE DBE, Expert Advisor to Together 4 Chidlren & Young People.
- Steve Davies, Welsh Government Director of Education.
- Sally Holland, Children’s Commissioner for Wales
- Dyland Jones, Ysgol Glan Clwyd, a New Curriculum pioneer school working on the health and well-bring Area of Learning and Experience.
The young people who attended asked questions on a wide range of topics, from Brexit to the aspirations of young people with disabilities, mental health services and transitions, Welsh Baccalaureate and the new curriculum.
We now have two videos of the question time, a short summary section, and a fuller version, covering the whole event.
You can watch the shorter ten minute version here.
And the longer version here.