Update on Upper Boat Road Works
As part of the wider £1.66M South Wales Metro project for improvements to Upper Boat Gyratory and funding from Rhondda Cynon Taf Council’s £5.89M Highways Investment Scheme, essential structural maintenance works have now begun to the major bridge over the River Taf leading to the A473.
- Current Upper Boat Bridge diversion route has been lifted one week ahead of schedule
- Night works will be taking place between 7pm-4am on the A470 Northbound off slip and the A470 Southbound on and off slips, this will include various lane closures throughout the night but access for traffic will be maintained at all times.
- North Bound off-slip on Friday night (30th October) to undertake the WPD road crossing
- Lane closure on A470 northbound off slip 7pm-4am Mon-Fri nights ALL
- One lane closed on A470 southbound off slip between 9.30am-3.30pm and 7pm-4am (off peak hours) Mon-Fri