Teddy Bears' Picnic ay Pontypridd Park
If you go down to the park next week - you're sure of a great day out!
Rhondda Cynon Taf Council's ever-popular Teddy Bears' Picnic returns to glorious Ynysangharad War Memorial Park in Pontypridd on Friday, July 6.
Parents and carers of children aged five and under are invited to a day of fun, games, stalls and useful information.
While the little ones enjoy Juan Bubbles, face-painting, balloon-modelling, Tommy Tumble the clown, mini keep fit with S4Cs Heini, inflatables and more, parents and carers can get essential information and advice.
Among the support services that will be at the event are the Family Information Service, your one-stop information shop for advice on how to choose the right childcare, family activities, starting school, events, support and more.
Other information stands include:
- RCT Schools Admission service
- Resilient Families, which offer a range of sessions and one to one support
- Talk and Play, which deliver fun, musical numeracy and literacy sessions that are free to attend.
- Cymraeg i Blant, offering Welsh language for our youngest residents.
- RCT Leisure Services, which offer a huge range of leisure activities for children and families, including free swimming for those aged 16 and under during the school holidays.
- RCT Libraries, which again offer free access to books, resource materials, magazines, events and more.
There will be a small funfair and inflatables at the event, for which there will be a small charge; as well as food stalls in the grounds.
Want to make a day of it - check out our blog for more ideas on how to spend your day in Pontypridd.
Councillor Tina Leyshon, Rhondda Cynon Taf Council's Cabinet Member for Children and Young People, said: "We deliver a huge range of services for our youngest residents, their parents and their carers. The Teddy Bears' Picnic is a chance for us to showcase those services and supports in a fun way.
"Children aged five and under get the chance to enjoy a great day out with lots of activities to get involved with, while parents and carers can secure the information and advice they need.
"Teddy Bears' Picnic is one of the most popular family events held in RCT and we look forward to welcoming hundreds of under fives and their parents and carers to the park for a great day out."
Entry to Teddy Bears' Picnic is £3.50 for children aged 12 months and over. Parents and those aged under one are free.
You can buy your tickets on the day from the event arena in the park. Gates open at 10am and the event closes at 2pm