RCT Lib Dems - on your side
As previously announced, the Welsh Liberal Democrat candidate for the forthcoming Rhondda ward by-election will be Karen Roberts.
A well-known name in local politics, Karen has been involved in many campaigns fighting for the rights of people in RCT, including:
• The fight to retain full time nursery education in RCT.
• Fighting to retain the paddling pool in Ynysangharad Park.
• Leading the campaign to keep sixth forms in the Rhondda.
• Making the case for the Muni to stay open and to reopen again after the first group who took it over failed.
• The case to maintain maternity services at the Royal Glamorgan Hospital.
Councillor Mike Powell has worked alongside Karen for many years and says nobody could be a stronger representative.
"Karen has a fantastic record of community involvement and is a passionate advocate of fair play.
"Like me, she is never afraid to put her head above the parapet and speak up for the people of RCT and what is right.
"She would be a huge asset in the Council chamber helping to hold the administration to account and speaking up for the people of this ward and beyond."