Provision for young care leavers at risk of homelessness
Following a request from the Minister for Communities and Tackling Poverty, the Public Policy Institute for Wales has commissioned leading expert, Anna Whalen, to analyse the provision for young care leavers who are at risk of becoming homeless in Wales.
Anna will be:
- Analysing the scale of the problem;
- Assessing current provision for young care leavers;
- Identifying good practice;
- Considering the implications of the new legislation; and
- Recommending ways in which the Welsh Government can improve support to young people.
Anna Whalen is an expert in youth homelessness, the issues facing young people in, and leaving, care, and service review and improvement. She has previously developed a national framework for youth homelessness prevention (’The Positive Pathway’), been a Youth Homelessness Advisor within the Department for Communities and Local Government and worked for the Welsh Government to improve prevention of youth homelessness.
The report will be completed this summer.
For further information about the PPIW visit www.ppiw.org.uk or follow us on Twitter @ppifw