Patient Home Clinical Waste Collections
The telephone arrangements for providing clinical waste collections from resident’s homes in the Rhondda Cynon Taff area is due to change.
From October 1st 2018 The RCT Clinical Home Collections telephone number is changing to 0300 123 9208.
WHAT IS CLINICAL WASTE?
INFECTIOUS CLINICAL WASTE in a domestic setting is:
· Dressings or Bandages contaminated with blood
· Needles, syringes or other sharps
· Diabetic Sharps Waste
· Dialysis Waste
In order to comply with regulations, this waste requires disposal in an Orange Bag or appropriate Sharps Bin.
WHAT HAPPENS TO MY OTHER WASTE?
If your waste falls into one of the categories below, you may dispose of it with your household black bag waste for collection by the council:
- Incontinence Pads
· Stoma, catheter / colostomy bags
The collection for these wastes will remain with Rhondda Cynon Taf Council.
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?
These changes are being made to ensure the provision of the most cost effective clinical waste collection service that complies with guidance from the Welsh Government, Welsh Local Government Association and Department of Health.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
We would ask that you:
- Note the new waste collection and disposal telephone number that takes effect from October 1st 2018;
- Ensure that you do not mix any other waste with your clinical waste, e.g. any offensive hygiene waste or household rubbish placed in clinical waste bags;
- Take the opportunity to recycle all your clean packaging.
Thank you for your co-operation in making these necessary changes.
Waste and Transport Manager