Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the code of practice in relation to part 10 (Complaints, Representations and Advocacy Services) of the ActWG are providing the opportunity for stakeholders across Wales to provide their input on the first set of consultations in order for us to deliver requirements of the Act.
The draft regulations and code of practice have been developed through a consultative process with their main stakeholders.
The Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 received Royal Assent on 1 May 2014. The Act forms the basis for a new statutory framework for social care in Wales.
The codes of practice are issued under section 145.
Part 10 (Complaints, Representations and Advocacy) covers:
- a clear recognition of the benefits of advocacy
- the range of advocacy available to people
- the key points when people’s need for advocacy must be assessed
- the circumstances / environment that impact on people’s need for advocacy
- when independent advocacy must be provided
- the circumstances when it is inappropriate for certain people to advocate
- the arrangements for publicising advocacy services
For further information on how to respond please visit Welsh Governmentwebsite