As part of our Operational Plan for 2014-15, we decided to to check how the health board had progressed with the recommendations that were made by undertaking a follow-up review of their governance arrangements.
The report published after the review in 2012 included 54 recommendations that were grouped under 14 general themes.
- The health board has improved and changed since the original review took place
- The health board has regionally reconfigured specialist areas of hospital services successfully as part of the South Wales Programme
- The health board has embraced the opportunity to change and has developed innovative clinical improvements to services
- There has been improvements made in mental health services
- A new paediatric assessment unit has been introduced
We are pleased with the progress that the health board has made since the review in 2012. However, the review also identified some areas which require further improvement and these recommendations are listed in the report.