COME AND CELEBRATE COMMUNITY AT ABERDARE CARE HOME
HC-One’s Meadowlands in Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taf, is looking forward to welcoming neighbours and local residents into the home to celebrate the sixth annual Care Home Open Day on 21st April.
Care Home Open Day is a national event that gives local people the opportunity to learn more about the services at the heart of their community. This year’s theme is ‘Linking Our Community’, and HC-One has decided to launch a ‘Big Sing’, inviting local choirs from across the UK into homes to come together and sing with Residents, their loved ones, colleagues and neighbours.
All are welcome to take part in this free open day, where you can enjoy some live entertainment, a cake sale and a delicious hog roast along with refreshments. Please come along:
Date: 21st April 2018
Venue: Abernant Road, Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taf, CF44 0PY
Meadowlands Home Manager, Maria Davenport said:
“At HC-One, we open our doors to friends, family, neighbours and local people regularly to offer kindness and support, and most importantly, to enrich the lives of our Residents.
“We cannot wait to welcome everyone into the home to take part in what will be a fantastic day.”
HC-One is proud of achieving a 9.2/10 average rating on the sector’s leading care home comparison website carehome.co.uk. The high rating puts HC-One homes into the very best company in the care home sector, committed to providing the kindest care to Residents.
· HC-One is ‘The Kind Care Company’ and The locations of all HC-One homes can be viewed online at: https://www.hc-one.co.uk/Carehomes.aspx.
· HC-One was founded in 2011, and it is our aim to be the care provider of choice for individuals looking for the very best care and support, and the employer of choice for the best, most professional, and kindest care staff.
· HC-One stands for ‘Health’ and ‘Care’ and symbolises the focus on the “one” – you, the Resident, are the one that matters; you, the staff member, are the one that can make a difference. We are one team, working with colleagues, Residents and relatives as we strive to provide the kindest care.
· We are pioneering a simple approach to care; where kindness is our guiding ethos. We are here to make a real difference to the lives of older people in communities throughout the UK; we do this by fostering a culture that actively encourages simple kindness.
- HC-One’s management team is made up of highly experienced senior health and social care professionals who share a passion for delivering the kindest care to Residents.
- As part of HC-One’s focus on quality, the company has put in place:
- QRM Inspectors reporting to the Head of Integrated Risk Management
- Quality focussed operational structure with a member of the senior operations team focussing on a ratio of 1:7
- Managers dedicated to a culture of kindness and the quality of life of our Residents
- Feedback tablets in all of our homes, where visitors can leave their comments at any time
- A confidential dedicated telephone line that’s there for anyone at all times to answer any query or concern quickly
- A direct email address for our Chief Executive Officer, Justin Hutchens
Care Home Open Day is an international initiative aimed at all care homes in the UK and beyond, both big and small, private providers and those run by local authorities. Thousands of care homes take part each year, holding special activities that create strong and meaningful link across the generations, between residents and their local communities.