Its my shout film
A shot from last year's film 'It's Now Or Never'
Do you live in Rhondda Cynon Taf and would you like the opportunity to get involved in film production? Now’s your chance!
It’s My Shout Productions returns in 2014 with its successful Made in Wales training programme, offering people across Wales the opportunity to gain experience working in film and television, or further their careers and interests in the creative industries.
In partnership with Arts Connect, It’s My Shout are looking for people who live in the Rhondda Cynon Taf, Bridgend or Merthyr Tydfil areas, who are interested in kick-starting a career in film, television or any of the creative industries
The ‘Made in Wales’ series of films are broadcast on BBC Cymru Wales and S4C every year.
The team are looking for people interested in the following areas of film and television:
- Locations or Set Runners
- Camera Assistants
- Sound Department Assistants
- Lighting Department Assistants
- Design Department Assistants
- Costume Department Assistants
- Hair and Make-up Department Assistants
- Stills Photographers
The It’s My Shout and ArtsConnect Arts Development teams will be running an information session to launch the scheme at the Muni Arts Centre, Pontypridd from 5pm-8pm on Thursday, 19th June 2014
Applications for the scheme close on Monday 23rd June 2014 at midnight. For more information on how to apply, please go to www.itsmyshout.co.uk/get-involved
Cabinet Member for Safer Communities, Tourism and Heritage, Cllr Paul Cannon, said: “Many people aspire to a career in the creative industries and this initiative provides a great platform for taking those first steps into employment in the industry. It is also a fantastic example of the work being undertaken through the Arts Connect partnership and prospective participants can be sure that they will get a real insight into what it is like to work in this popular industry by taking part.
“Last year, many people from Rhondda Cynon Taf got involved in the project and benefited greatly from the experience which culminated in the production of a film entitled ‘It’s Now or Never’.”
• ArtsConnect is a collaboration between Bridgend, Merthyr, Rhondda Cynon Taf and the Vale of Glamorgan county boroughs’ arts services. It is supported by the Arts Council of Wales (ACW), the Welsh Local Government Association (WLGA) and the Welsh Government (WG) Arts Policy Branch. The intention of ArtsConnect is to improve the range and quality of arts services available for those people living in and visiting our region.