Major investment work is about to take place on a Pontypridd railway bridge which will result in the first overnight closure of High Street.
Throughout the works, the closures will affect the same stretch of road – from its junction with the entrance of the Taff Vale flats to its junction with Sardis Road.
The route, which leads from the town centre to the Graig and Penycoedcae will be closed overnight on May 16. A work programme including overnight road closures will take place periodically until June 2.
As is necessary with all road closures, the contractors have applied to the Council for a formal road closure to be put in place, for the safety of workers and the wider community alike.
The alternative routes will also be the same and will be in place throughout all of the forthcoming closures. All will be signposted and motorists are urged to take heed of the local advice.
The alternative route is: From the north-eastern side of the closure, proceed via Sardis Road, the Maritime Industrial Estate roundabout, Factory Lane, Llantrisant Road and then High Street onto the south-western side of the closure.
From the south-western side of the closure, proceed via High Street, Llantrisant Road, Factory Lane, the Maritime Industrial Estate roundabout, Sardis Road, the Sardis Road gyratory system, Mill Street and Sardis Road.
Access will not be maintained for emergency vehicles and the necessary partner agencies have been informed.
Pedestrian access will be maintained throughout the works, which take place as below:
· From 11.30pm on Friday, May 16 to 5.30am (or until the works are complete) on Monday, May 19 (full weekend closure)
· From 11.30pm to 5.30am (or until the works are complete) every evening from Monday, May 19 to Thursday, May 22 (overnight closures throughout week).
· From 11.30pm on Friday, May 23 until 5.30am (or until the works are complete) Monday, May 26 (full weekend closure).
· Overnight closures from 11.30pm until 5.30am the following day (or until the works are complete) from Monday, May 26 until Thursday, May 29. (overnight closures throughout the week)
· Overnight closure from 11.30pm Friday, May 30 until 5.30am (or until works are complete) on Monday, June 2. (full weekend closure).