The Welsh Government’s fuel poverty scheme, Nest, provided free home energy improvements to nearly 5,000 homes last year, and helped householders save an average of £475 per household.
In 2013-14, Nest delivered:
- Advice and support to 20,600 households;
- Energy improvements to 4,900 homes resulting in an average fuel cost saving of £475 per household per year and total life emission saving of 249,000 tC02;
- A Warm Homes Discount (WHD) rebate of £135 to 79 householders
- A 7.5% increase in the number of rural homes helped;
- A 98% customer satisfaction rate.