Age Cymru is wishing trick-or-treaters a happy Halloween for Thursday night (31 October).
We want everyone to have a fun and trouble-free night as our Safeguarding Manager, Louise Hughes, says:
“We want everyone to have a safe and enjoyable Halloween on Thursday.
“But we also need to remember that not everyone wants to be involved in the celebrations.
“This is why we’ve put a list of tips together which will allow everyone to have a happy Halloween.”
Here are Age Cymru's Top Halloween tips:
1. Parents or guardians should accompany children who are trick-or-treating;
2. Parents or guardians should call in on neighbours in advance to make sure that it will be okay to trick-or-treat them on Halloween;
3. Older people who may not want trick-or-treaters calling in on them on Halloween can put a note in their window to ask people to stay away;
4. If you are a trick-or-treater, please stay away from any houses that have got a note in the window asking you not to knock on their door;
5. Be community-minded and keep and eye out for your older family members, friends and neighbours this Halloween;