As part of our work on Welfare Reform we are putting together a set of ‘useful information’ sheets about benefit changes including:
· Disability Living Allowance (DLA) to Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
· Independent Living Fund (ILF)
· Housing Benefit
· Employment Support Allowance/Work Capability Assessment.
The resource will include:
· A summary outline on the changes to disability related benefits under Welfare Reform and other changes likely to have an impact on disabled people
· A step by step guide to be used by disabled people’s organisations and individual disabled people regarding what to do and when, including during the application, assessment and appeals processes
· Information about sources of support in Wales and beyond and other useful resources
We would like to include a list of ‘top tips’ - things that you have found helpful and might help others if they knew. Please let us know if you have any helpful ‘top tips’ to share.